Leeds places map
This map of Leeds places of interest is based on Google maps technology. You can switch the type of map
in the right upper corner by clicking on buttons Map, Satellite, Hybrid and Terrain. Control panel on the left with
plus and minus buttons can be used for zooming the map.
List of Leeds places of interest
This list contains all the major points of interest in Leeds that are marked on the map above as well:
- Leeds Town Hall - Magnificient municipal palace in Victorian style hosting many events.
- Millenium Square - Beautiful renovated square serving also as live entertainment venue.
- City Square - Square in the city centre with Queens Hotel and several statues.
- Royal Armouries Museum - National Museum of Arms and Armour in huge modern building.
- Leeds Art Gallery - Gallery with large collection of 19-th and 20th-century British Art.
- Harewood House - Country house belonging to the group of Treasure Houses of England.
- Leeds City Museum - Museum made up of exhibits mainly from Leeds' history.
- Henry Moore Institute - Research centre with library and exhibitions presenting sculpture.
- Corn Exchange - Victorian building turned into shopping mall for independent retailers.
- Kirkstall Abbey - Ruins of Cistercian abbey from 1152 with visitor centre and nice parkland.
- Thackray Medical Museum - Museum dedicated to history of medicine from Roman times to present day.
- Tropical World - Tropical botanic garden and zoo with rainforest, jungle or desert zones.
- Leeds Kirkgate Market - Large indoor market voted Britain's Favourite Market in 2017.
- Leeds Cathedral - Roman Catholic Cathedral commonly known as Saint Anne's Cathedral.
- St George's Church - Church of England parish church located in central Leeds.
- Grand Theatre - Theatre house where Opera North and Northern Ballet are residents.
- Temple Newsam - Grandeur Tudor Jacobean mansion open to the public.
- Roundhay Park - One of the biggest city parks in Europe with lakes and gardens.
- The Light - Entertainment and shopping centre with shops, restaurants and multiplex cinema.
- Trinity Leeds - Large retail centre with Marks&Spencer and Topshop/Topman stores.
- Carriageworks Theatre - Theatre venue showcasing mainly work of many local artists.
- Ellan Road Stadium - Footbal stadium of Leeds United for 38.000 visitors.
- Briggate - Pedastrianized principal shopping street with a number of arcades.
- Victoria Quarter - Upmarket shopping zone set in stunning arcades.
- First Direct Arena - New entertainment venue for 13.500 spectators opened in 2013.
- Bridgewater Place - 32 storeys tall skyscraper with offices and residential space.
- The Queens Hotel - Majestic 4 star hotel built in Art Deco style.
- Park Square - Notable public square in the city centre surrounded by Georgian houses.